Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Grammar Nazi's beware!! You have reached HELL!

Going back to school is going to be a NIGHTMARE!!  If you haven't noticed yet I'm horrible with grammar.  I can only say that most of the time my spelling will be should be correct.  As for punctuation well...you can try to fix me but I guarantee it will be fruitless.  If you don't like it go somewhere else because I really don't care.

So I never really went to college.  Well, not unless you count one college art class that was my mother's largely vain attempt to get her teenage daughter to do something with herself as going to college.  She hoped I'd like it and stick with it.  I don't count it but whatever...

If it wasn't for my son I can honestly say I would never have really tried going to college.  Since his birth everyday I look at him and wan't so badly to give him EVERYthing the world has to offer.   I never want him to need for anything.  Wanting things...well...I don't want him to be a brat either. But, as of right now I can't give him even little luxuries.  

With me not working there's moments we can just barely give him the things he needs.  It's a scary situation.  I could stick him in some form of government aided daycare and go back to work.  BUT  I've heard so many horror stories about daycares that I'd rather cut off my foot than take my miracle to one of those places.  I know that not all daycare is bad.  I went to daycare as a kid and other than being forced to eat nasty cold food and cheese puffs (I hate cheese puffs) my experience was completely uneventful. And I know that at some point I will have no choice but to go to work and he will have to stay at an afterschool daycare at the very least. (I'm cringing inside as I type.) Oh Geez!Stay calm!  I will just cross that bridge when we get there! Am I a freak? Probably. I wanted this little guy so SO badly! I think it's understandable that I would be an over protective weirdo over my one and only.

 My heart goes out to all the mother's out there who have to take their children to daycare because they have no choice. I can only imagine how hard it must be and I respect working mom's SO much.  My own Mom was a single mother with two children.  She worked and went to school full time. She struggled and worked hard and life is better for us. She is the best Mom that ever lived.  I wish I was and want to be just like her.  And so, I go to school.

They really could make it easier.  At least to get started!  Ive never done any of this before and I am CLUELESS...(Obviously)...I have this feeling of being a decapitated chicken in a virtual world. Look at this site, then this page, then click this link which takes you here, then back to this site again which leads you off in some other insane direction.  Three hours later you are just slightly better off than you were to begin with. I searched the schools website for help and found a checklist so that helped a teensy weensy bit.  I applied for my FAFSA months ago.  That's the ONLY thing I knew I had to to do.  It turns out that I never received my email stating that I had to go through a verification process and turn in a transcript from the IRS.  I'm learning all this only 8 days before I have to register for my classes.  UGH!  No one ever mentioned it to me during any of the testing I took. The counselors I spoke to about what classes to take and what steps I had made towards getting there never said anything.  I don't know what I thought either. That the magic grant fairy just poofed itself at my side the day my fees were due?  I will never claim to be a smart person I just hope not to be a complete idiot.  I don't think I'm doing to good on that at the moment.  I'm praying this won't keep me from enrolling for the next term.  Man would that suck!

No comments:

Post a Comment